You pick the Oscars
After sitting through Sunday night’s show, I started thinking how the more popular, thoroughly entertaining movies rarely get honored. So, I came up with my Top 5 movies that have been overlooked by the Academy Awards, and welcome your commentary and your personal choices. In no particular order, they are
1) Halloween: For my money, the best horror film ever made.
2) The Warriors: Great tale of teen angst, and who among us didn’t find the Baseball Furies a little bit entertaining.
3) Can’t Buy Me Love: Ok, the acting wasn’t exactly cinematic brilliance, but just about everyone can relate to the trouble kids go through in high school in trying to find where they belong and dealing with cliques. Big fan of Amanda Peterson, who played Cindy Mancini in this movie.
4) Anchorman: Can’t think of a movie that made me laugh so hard from start to finish. During the one time I briefly met Christina Applegate after her show in New York, I told her about how much I enjoyed this movie. She looked at me like, ‘Great, now my career is complete.’
5) The Fugitive: Harrison Ford’s best movie and just well put together overall. Extra points for it taking place in Chicago.
I’ll try to throw in a non-baseball related topic every now and then just to keep you all honest. And by the way, thanks again for the great response to the blog so far–both here and on Facebook. Talk to you from Tucson.